The Bridgeway is a dedicated service that aims to help anyone who has been raped or sexually assaulted either recently or in the past.
We offer free help and a non-judgemental environment that focuses on your needs.
The Bridgeway provides a range of services to help you through the difficult time following rape or sexual assault. These include:
• 24 hour helpline 0808 118 6432
• Emotional and practical support
• Emergency contraception and access to screening and treatment for sexually transmitted infections
• Medical examination and collection of forensic evidence
• Referral onto counselling and/or other support services
• Support in making a report to the police, if that’s what you want
• Follow-up support
Who we Support
Men, women and children who have been raped or sexually assaulted either recently or in the past, and their families, where appropriate.
Accessing our Services
Anywhere in Cumbria. Helpline available 24/7, 365 days a year; other services by appointment.