Cumbria Police and Crime Commissioner is committed to working with a wide range of partners and other agencies to support him in delivering his priorities. The OPCC works with statutory organisations such as Local Authorities, Fire and Rescue Services, Probation Trust and Youth Offending Teams, the Commissioner also works with voluntary sector, community and faith organisations to help deliver initiatives aimed at supporting the objectives in the Police and Crime Plan. Where partnerships work well the PCC will prevent duplication, reduce costs and tackle issues by using a joined-up approach. Partnership working has to be at the heart of any approach to tackling crime and anti-social behaviour, where we all take responsibility for our part but also influence others to take theirs.
PCC Partnership working will have several key aims:
- Preventing crime and anti-social behaviour
- Developing joined-up and appropriate support for victims
- Reducing Re-offending
- Improving victims’’ experience of reporting to the police and the court process
- Overseeing Cumbria Police working with other forces in the North West of England
The PCC will deliver Partnership working by:
- Giving agencies feedback from the public, victims and other service users
- Influencing partner organisations plan to ensure they cover priorities within his Plan
- Taking a lead on certain priority areas within the Police and Crime Plan, such as leading projects to join-up services, gaining feedback on how services are operating and driving progress, where required
- Discussing needs, gaps and potential approaches with partner organisations before buying new services, or working with partners to jointly set up projects
- Making funds available to certain partnerships to support them to start joint projects which address needs they have identified
The Commissioning-Strategy 2017-2020 provides a framework for partnership, organisations, groups and individuals to work together, reduce crime and disorder and support victims of crime. The strategy will soon be available to download from our website.